Bryopsis Cure!

nanoreefer17

Oh yikes. Thank you for running this experiment, I really hope it works to rid your tank of this stuff. It's awesome to see a new potential solution presenting itself. I've tried the tech m and the vibrant solutions. Neither one even made the algae flinch.

Yikes is right lol, I'm always too scared to try stuff like this. Too many horror stories, I truly hope this one has a happy ending though. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk

Good to hear about the fish and corals not stressing, that is what always worries most of us about any treatment. When you purchased your "medication" did you have to get a large amount or can you get a  few capsules?

I only needed 5x 200mg tablets.  I got 10 just in case it doesn't clear up with 5 I can re-dose if it seems to be working.  Its relatively cheap, costed me 23 bucks.

Did a water change today, and still running GFO.  Tips of Bryopsis seem to be turning white in the less thick patches

I wouldn't think there would be harmful effects at those doses as it is an oral antifingsl. In people there's a risk of liver inflammation but I have used it many times in infants with no adverse effects. I also wouldn't expect any major problems in corals. I suppose it's possible if you used it repeatedly you could introduce a resistant strain of fungus to your tank. Thanks for the updates. I saw this on reef2reef too and considered it for Sirena's tanks but don't know if it would be an issue with the seahorses. Like I said it shouldn't but even if there was a 1 percent of causing death to Fred and Ginger then death to me would occur.????

• Like 1

There is some sources linked in the 1st pages of that RC link i posted but i think the folks at RC ran some of them out of stock.

I'm glad to see your findings showing some teeth here on our local forums. I've been looking into it since you tipped me off on it but this is a good control experiment. If it works for him I want to be sure I'm buying the exact same product from the exact same source. I have a feeling I'll probably be ordering some before the week is out.