My first FTS on this forum

pledosophy

So the tank has been up since March. I thought it might be time to post a FTS.

Tank is a 65g. Little over 140 lbs of LR, all cooked for 8 months.

There is a CL that runs through spray bars under the rocks pushing a bit over 1000gph.

Seio 620, and some type of return pump, but I forget the name. It's T'd off with aprox 300 gph going through the display. I plan on replacing it with something a bit quieter next time I have the funds.

Lighting is T5.

There is a 20 sump which holds LR but no light at this point. Will turn it into a refugium some point down the road, but need to get Leng to send me some of his mud. I have the light collecting dust in the garage.

Most all the livestock came from Waves, except the rock (which I moved with me from Cali) and a few corals I traded with some of you all (Impur blessed me with the eye of rah zoo's which already have 3 more polyps, and Garret hooked me up with a some frags as well for a trade all of which are doing great and are much larger then when I got them.) I've fragged a few of the corals as well to give out to friends, and trade with Garrett.

There is currently no means of filtration, other then natural running on the system.

Fulltankshot070830.jpg

This is the only fish I have not from Joel. I felt kinda bad going to a different fish store honestly, but have been waiting for one of these for some time and Rose City got one in, so I took the chance. He's been with me for a week and is doing well. Beatuiful speciment. This pic will be featured in an article about wrasses to be published soon. He's ( I think it's a he ) is a beaut.

pottersleaporadwrasse.jpg

It's a good start IMO.

I spent a long time making this tank to what I thought was right at my current experience level. I am really glad I did, it was worth the wait. I know that a few years down the line I'll have more knowledge and different opinions, but this really represents the best of what I know know, so I have no regrets.

Tank is fed 1 cube of mysis, 1 cube of emerald entree, a squirt of Artic Pods, and a squrit of phyto daily. I do feed brine and blood worms three times a week. I add Ca as needed. I've been kinda lax on the WC's lately, but the tank seems to be handeling things well.

Parameters

Temp 81

Ammonia 0

Nitrite 0

Nitrate 0

pH 8.3

Ca is 450ish hard to read the colors kind of a guess.

Would like to add a Kole Tang, a few chromis, and perhaps a pair of dragon faced pipefish in that order. Taking it slow to see how it handles everything. Also plan on adding a lobo, and perhaps a cynaria.

Also want to add a recyliner chair for all the hours I spend staring at the tank.

IMO the tank is awesome inspite of myself. Thanks to everyone for all the help.I've learned a lot since moving to Portland last year. This is really a great group of people.

BTW Izzy, I still have the frags from you too, there just in a different tank.;)

BTW Izzy, I still have the frags from you too, there just in a different tank.;)

cool wrasse mine just died after having him for 2 years and it is the one fish I will replace. They are one of my favorite fish. I have had some success with pipefish and have some blue stripes in my reef now for a few months. They do fine but the dragons are my favorite by far. good luck with them.

Good deal on the frags I'm glad they're doing well for ya. ;)

May I ask what kind of wrasse that is? Tank looks great so far BTW.

Really nice job on the tank - looks like you are off to a great start. I like the aquascaping as well...

Looks like you got one of the nice male Potter's Wrasses from Rose City. They have had several come in lately. Unfortunately, I lost mine to some sort of infection (which I feel really badly about).... glad to see one of his mates doing well. They are beautiful fish.