Coral placement?

siskiou

I was hoping to get some advice how to plan out the tank and where to place corals in my 120G.

It's easy when the frags are little, but once they grow...

And then there is the lighting and flow to consider.

What types should not be in the same tank, and which should be far away from each other?

Any good books that go into that kind of info?

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=16&cat=1927&articleid=2954

Here's a good article that covers all that!

Whenever I spot a coral I like, if I don't know what it is, I just ask about light, current, aggression, and feeding. I didn't ask once about feeding and ended up with a nonphotosynthetic coral that I had to feed several times a week (something I wasn't really up to).DOH!

If you ask the LFS salesperson, they'll write the scientific name of the coral on the bag for you so when you get home you can google more specific information. :)

Guest Mbeef61

in my experience corals seem to fair better during a move that are smaller....when they go to their new placement they adjust to light and flow easier than large colonies. large ones seem to experience some dieoff or colorloss due to shading and flow changes. but eventually they adjust, color up, and settle into a new growth pattern.