Score!

matty

I had to go into our local Petco last night to grab some stuff, and saw this guy as I cruised past the saltwater section.

image_zpspqvxjs1e.jpeg

I could see his mouth and it looked great, no gaping. Plus, it was just resting against the glass so I figured why not, at least they won't rip it's foot. The best part was, after a coupon, it was like $25! Color is fantastic as well! I kinda feel like I saved it from wasting away there, I hope it can thrive in my tank.

• Like 6

Nice. Are there purple dots under the oral disc? You can sometimes find Petco selling S. Gigantea under the name S. Haddoni.  Looks like S. Haddoni but sometimes stressed S. Gigantea will have short tentacles like that, especially in Petco store tanks purple spots (verrucae) is the way to tell. Either way nice score. can't beat a Haddoni at that price. 

• Like 1

Nice. Are there purple dots under the oral disc? You can sometimes find Petco selling S. Gigantea under the name S. Haddoni.  Looks like S. Haddoni but sometimes stressed S. Gigantea will have short tentacles like that, especially in Petco store tanks purple spots (verrucae) is the way to tell. Either way nice score. can't beat a Haddoni at that price. 

No spots so most likely a Haddoni, he's a little rough and still settling in but I figure for the price it's worth the risk.