Skimmer isn't producing bubbles...

PowderBlue

Came home and my skimmer was basically not making any bubbles. It worked flawless for a week and a half then all of a sudden... Nothing.

Tore is apart, cleaned the pump, cleaned the air line, put it back together and still nothing. The pump pushes plenty of water so it seems odd that it would just quit producing anything. I can't figure out what the deal is. The only thing I can see that might not be correct is the air intake part had a little water in it. ed99768f63c13e52d6f03629349b9e5c.jpg I'm going to seal around it with reef safe silicone and see if that fixes it. If not I'll likely just buy a new skimmer. Anyone ever run into this qnd have a fix other than typical cleaning? I soaked it all it hot water, and vinegar bathed it as well. Still same issue.

The white ring around the blue had a gap so that's what I'm sealing. No clue if this was the issue but it's worth a shot.346d116671d590ee3c616b4ca5a5e407.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

6 to 7 inches I have it about 6.5 inches it functioned great at this level for a week then BOOM...

Was it new when you got it?

Used

What model is it?SCA 302 uses an atman 2000 needle wheel pump. Pulp seems to function well but I'm no expert on skimmers. I can tune them well but as for diagnosing it I'm stumped.

Edited by PowderBlue

Yea I've tried to tune it with the pipe and I get no good froth just bubbles and then a ton of micro bubbles under the pump. Here's a pic hope it helps. cca7b04a252411d671ad6e2a64665184.jpg

I'm starting to winder if cleaning the skimmer knocked the bubbles down.

9850372b2775142691df79a68c91fa67.jpgThis is looking down into the cup