Thoughts on new pump?

Mitrillion

So I have a inative marine pump that came with my 38 gallon nuvo and I was feeding my tank when I noticed my spin streams weren't working so I cleaned them and got them going and the flow coming off them was that of a garden hose barely on pushing out little to no water...

Any thoughts on a new pump that could fit in the back of my tank and that is fully submersible? I run mostly sps and would think it would be better for my flow?

You could disconnect one of the return lines and run full flow through one. That's what I did on my IM20. Putting a bigger pump has the risk of your overflows not being able to keep up. I have to dial back my flow on home tank for this. I'd recommend a powerhead in the tank for actual flow within tank. Return isn't going to supply the kind of flow you need.

• Like 1

You could disconnect one of the return lines and run full flow through one. That's what I did on my IM20. Putting a bigger pump has the risk of your overflows not being able to keep up. I have to dial back my flow on home tank for this. I'd recommend a powerhead in the tank for actual flow within tank. Return isn't going to supply the kind of flow you need.

I have power heads but I was thinking the turn around rate in the tank for the water to go threw media and out of the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk