Super Salt Savior

Jeramy

So I have a nano and don't burn through salt at a breakneck pace. However we all know the best deals come from buying the 200 gallon box. I got down to my last back and went to open it and it was rock solid unusable. So I went and bought another 200 gallon box only this time I measure out the amount needed to mix up 5 gallons of salt and used the vacuum sealer to make 30 individual packages of salt. Which should last me until next summer. I now don't have to worry about moisture contamination

7e048bf71d0fc6f73e05b93e5644d528.jpg

78f6cf816036a2f168c7e8c0ba9b690e.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Jeremy I hope that works for you, my experience with salt over last 15 years is when it gets exposed to air it will retain moisture and thus turn into a salt rock. But hopefully that will not be your case. I have opened a bag before just to get things back up to par and then not used for a while and came back to mix fresh batch of salt water and bam.........rock salt!!!!!

I am using Kent reef salt and it is a little over 2.5 cups. I have a tumor ware I had used to mix my salt and have gotten it dialed then I drew a line and can now just fill it to the line. That is what I used to portion out each package of salt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I got a totally better idea!!!!

Get a bigger tank lol haha ????

I got it set up that I use one of the bags (50g) per water change.

But really that a good idea that is why I don't like the buckets as much the last few inches whould alway harden up on me.

• Like 1

Does it matter if it turns to a rock? I've had this happen and it still dissolves just fine.

I know other will say it's no good to use.

I in the other hand have no problem using it or ever have.

In fact the bag I'm using out of now was 1 solid block unopened new from the factory. I opened the bag and busted it to pieces in a clean 5 gallon pale. I broke it up by hand until it was like powdery gravel size. Then broke out the kitchen hand mixer to make it back into powder. The salt I'm using now has no anti caking agent in it. So even resealed back in its bag, another bag or even the bucket I put it in. It try's to turn back into a solid block again.

I know other will say it's no good to use.

I in the other hand have no problem using it or ever have.

In fact the bag I'm using out of now was 1 solid block unopened new from the factory. I opened the bag and busted it to pieces in a clean 5 gallon pale. I broke it up by hand until it was like powdery gravel size. Then broke out the kitchen hand mixer to make it back into powder. The salt I'm using now has no anti caking agent in it. So even resealed back in its bag, another bag or even the bucket I put it in. It try's to turn back into a solid block again.

Like the creativity here!!!