From Fish Collection To Shipping - Video

TheClark

This was a good one, it showed collection to shipping and most everything in between.  Buckets of cool fish collected:

Excerpt from reefbuilders:

Ornamental Marine World Mauritius shows the company’s family-run business, from fish collection to handling, acclimation, feeding, equipment and water testing. This may seem like rather banal stuff, but the thought that the Gurrobys are collecting and handling fish on the other side of the world from us, using high end equipment from Schuran and Abyzz, testing their water with Salifert test kits and all the familiar things that we reefers are used to, well that just tickles our fancy.

Read more: http://reefbuilders.com/2015/09/22/cool-video-shows-process-exporting-fish-mauritius/#ixzz3mZUvV03C

• Like 2

That facility seemed pretty legit, I have seen a couple videos of other distributors that seemed pretty rundown. I have always wanted to see first hand what the practices are at the many collection stations, kinda like when you get to see a fellow reefers system it becomes not only entertaining but informing.

Nice post! One thing I wish they shared in the video is how long they decompress the fish at each depth. Doesn't seem like they are collecting at extreme depths though, but I'd still be curious. I've seen some of the high-end deepwater collectors using fancy hyperbaric chambers to decompress fish.