how to kill a mushroom

Oceans

Ok...how do you kill a mushroom? (threaten) I don't think that Joe's Juice works. I tried that once when I was working at a LFS in Chico CA and it didn't work very well (I wasn't trying real hard either). I like my mushrooms, but now they are causing some grief to my other corals and that's crossing the line. Any ideas? Thank you!

Use a razpr blade and go slowly around the base to remove it. YOu have to go slow and in a cirlce pattern so you don't leave any part of the mushroom behind. If any is left behind it will grow a new mushroom.

Putting the mushroom in an area of high flow also works well as teh mushroom will detach and go somewhere else. If you have a epreate little tank to do this with, like a WC bucket then you can keep the mushroom, attach to a piece of rubble rock and trade with a neighbor, the razor blade method is also good for that.

If you just want to kill it, blow torch works. :D

HTH

I heard a rumor that a syringe full of calcium hydroxide will work(fingers)

sodium hydroxide

mix 2 tsp of NaOH (lye), with 2 tsp Kalkwasser (calcium hydroxide) in 100ml of distilled water.

This isnt your typical kalk paste/joes juice concoction. Do not get it on stuff you like.