FS: Flame angel

ChrisQ

Breaking down another tank and she's pretty much last one, she's been with me for a little over two years but i'm afraid she's not going to make the new tank, although a model citizen when i had her with sps,lps a couple years ago i never really had any problems with her but can't guarantee she won't nip at yours :tongue:

This is a older pic but she's blood red fat, and healthy

Eats vitamin enriched (Selcon,garlic,vit-c) frozen foods like a pig

$45

DSC03127_zpsc35b7980.jpg

• Like 1

This fish is NOT for sale for $20-$25

If people are not willing to spend the proper amount for a fish then it probally shouldn't go to them anyway. I think my range of $40-$45 is fair, i see them in LFS going for $65.00

Don't mean to sound rude but with some of the low ball offers i somewhat start to question if she'll receive the same level of care she receives from me (diet)

She is doing great in her temp holding tank for now, I guess I could post up a short feeding video for those that might be interested. Pics are good, videos better!

I apologize if my offer offended you, that was not my intention. 

My offer was mainly based on the fact that I have spend a fair amount of money on the little sticks I have in my tank and don't really want to spend a lot of money on a really cool fish that I might have to catch, aka tear apart my tank, next weekend because it has started nipping at my corals or my clam.

IMO it sounds like you have prob had a few low ball offers besides mine and I believe that is do to the same reasons as mine. There are not a lot of people any more doing FOWLR tanks and are not afraid of "coral eating" fish. 

I do think Flame Angels are really cool fish and just because someone low balls you on a risky fish doesn't mean the fish will not be well taken care of.

And again I am not aiming to offend you in anyway, I will actually PM you shortly with a better offer, aka my wife really likes Flame Angels also. 

I fully understand, I'm not very good with words sometimes, I guess at the end of the day getting her a happy and safe home is more important to me then making a buck, hence my concerns after a few offers and trying to view it from several angles (if it's one thing this hobby has taught me its taking a pro-active approach to things)

Which is what you're doing and I commend you for that, I too share the same concerns as yourself, while I'm quite attached to this fish, I don't fancy the idea of trying to catch her in 5ft of tonga branch if a problem arose, which is why I decided to let her go. In my case the worry is fish vs fish instead of fish vs coral

I myself have never had her with a clam but when she was in a mixed reef she spent 90% of her time picking at rocks. The clam would concern me though.

I'm not offended with low ball offers, just getting it out there so others know ahead of time.