Used Equipment

spectra

What do you guys and gals think of pricing on used equipment? I know what people pay for new and well when it comes out of the box and over a tank well......looking at a few used pieces and just wondering what people think....TIA

I tipically go by if its bought buy somone but just opened but not used its worth 80-90 % of new. If its used equipment if its used in good shape 50-60 % of new if it well used i would say 30-50 of new. But some equipment holds value better such as vortech pumps and radions tipicaly 75 % of new

• Like 1

Depends on the demand for the item (Vortech > Koralia), but I always check amazon pricing before buying or selling anything. I see stuff listed here all the time that's well-worn, and the seller wants the same price amazon wants for new, or very close to it. Greed does not shock me, but it's always surprising to see the stuff sell. Even if you paid $400 for an item, if it's 5 years old and now $250 new on amazon, I don't think $250 or even $200 is an appropriate asking price for the used one.

For items with plenty of life left, I'd say...

50% discount (or more) for cheap brands

40% discount (or more) for mid-range brands

30% discount (or more) for premium brands

15% discount for premium brand items that are new/unused

Items near the end of their life should be sold dirt cheap or given away.

I've bought and sold an enormous amount of fish related stuff on this forum and most people won't pay about 60 percent for anything used. If it's priced between 40 and 50 percent at max it tends to go pretty fast. So I'd say shoot for paying no more than 50 percent of retail unless it's basically new.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1