What's up with my zoas

PowderBlue

My Magicians were doing amazing for like like 2 months. Doubled growth in less than 60 days now they are pissed off and won't open. I did have a nitrate and phosphate spike due to rookie move of not cleaning uneaten food out of the back chamber. All of my other corals are doing great. The Magicians won't fully ooen. I took them out of the top and placed them in the sand to see if that would help and still nothing. Water is back to normal, temp is stable, ato so no swings in salt. As you can see my bam bams are fully open along with my trumpets and frogspawn etc. 2848511c65116539599f2464b2ce3b83.jpg

But the Magicians are just giving up 3cb02b111ed5e246598a5318945e3c60.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

if they were tightly closed... all punch faced...  or shriveled up... then i would be more concerned.  They are just partially closed.  Some zoas are more sensitive that others... so they are just in a 'recovery' mode where they don't fully open.  You may see a couple start to open fully... then the rest typically follow suite.

Nothing is for sure... but at least from what i have seen from zoas... you are still in the good!

Patience Randall... :fingerscrossed:  I agree with Adam they don't look like they have any sort of fungus, bacteria, or pox on them. They are just closed up. Don't give up on them either. I had a zoa close up on me for 2 months. I had given up on it and probably would have just tossed it except I forgot about it and one day it was opened up happy as can be.

• Like 1