Which looks better.

try retaking the 4 on the same light settings.. cause the tank looks amazing in that shot because LEDs suck in photographs.. but how much spill over light do you get turning them the other way? if a lot of spill then lower the lights a bit if possible.. that would work out better to have more concentrated light

try retaking the 4 on the same light settings.. cause the tank looks amazing in that shot because LEDs suck in photographs.. but how much spill over light do you get turning them the other way? if a lot of spill then lower the lights a bit if possible.. that would work out better to have more concentrated light

Which shot? The three? I don't get much spill over with either setup really. Turning the lights perpendicular just greatly decreases the shadows on the front and back of the rock work. Better lighting of course any way you put it, however I really think I'm more partial to the 3 unit setup as far as cosmetics.

well purely on the photographs the 3 set up has more white light being used in the photograph.. so if a similar light setting was used to take the 4 arrangement it would help to more accurately judge the overall aesthetics of the tank.. but in person you can probably tell a lot easier than in a photograph.  I just dislike how my old tank had a lot of spill over light that hit the walls behind it and the floor.. illuminating the room and not the tank

The pictures were not taken at the same time of day were they? I would be able to tell better when the outside light was either equal or non existent for both pics. .

You are correct sir! First was mostly whites in the evening/ no glare. And second was early morning, heavy blue, tons of glare. I'll set up a pic under same conditions tonight and post another comparison.