Controller confusion.

fishmanmike01

So I'm having some issues with my controllers. I'm running both an aqua controller jr, and an aqua controller 3. I'm doing this mainly for running dual ph probes, one for tank, and one eventually in the cal reactor. Anyway... I'm getting vastly different ph readings on both devices even after calibration on both. Even weirder, when I swap the probes between the units I get 2 different readings altogether again.

What gives?

Sounds to me like your probes were't properly stored and have now failed.

Oh and don't waste your time running a probe on your calcium reactor, it's completely unnecessary.

Why wouldn't you want to? Are you suggesting just using a timer instead? I use the probe to adjust my reactor so not sure why I'd want to take it out....

How old are your probes and were they stored properly if not new?

The one from the jr is a few years old and has been stored in a pure water solution for just over a year now.

The other is also several years old, and has never been dry. From one tank to another. I trust this one the most. It's reading 8.4 or something where the other is like 5,3.

Even still, why the different reading and a desperate device? It don't make sense to me.

Why wouldn't you want to? Are you suggesting just using a timer instead? I use the probe to adjust my reactor so not sure why I'd want to take it out....

There's absolutely no reason to turn the co2 on your reactor off and on... I don't know how many time's I've heard of someone crashing their tank or having stability issues because they're running a controller on their reactor.

Set it and test your alk till your your stable where you want it and leave it alone.

I could care less what the ph is inside of the reactor.

The one from the jr is a few years old and has been stored in a pure water solution for just over a year now.

The other is also several years old, and has never been dry. From one tank to another. I trust this one the most. It's reading 8.4 or something where the other is like 5,3.

Even still, why the different reading and a desperate device? It don't make sense to me.

different device?

Can't figure out how to edit from my phone. Lol