Tank concern

Mitrillion

What would u guys have to save your tank during a power outage or earth quake? Just loose everything?

Well an earthquake that cracks the tank would be unavoidable. Luckily we don't get that kind of action around here.  For power outages, the two biggest concerns would be flow and temperature. For flow, there are battery backups that people use to keep their pumps running.  Like Smann mentioned, people can also use generators.  A generator would let you use a heater as well. Depending on how big your tank is, you can wrap blankets around it to maintain the temperature better.  I don't know if I've actually seen someone try it (I imagine tons of people have), but you could put some of those little hand warmers inside a Ziploc bag and toss them in your tank.  Of course you would cover your tank if you have a cover laying around.  I'm sure there are many more ideas out there, but that's just a few.