The tanks

Willz

I started off my saltwater journey growing up in Hawaii with a tank I kept with a friend at his house. We had no idea what we were doing at the time, just grabbing fish out of the ocean and putting them in aquarium....

We collected candy cane shrimp, cowries, yellow and naso tangs, anything we could get our hands on (usually releasing them within a couple days)

Now i'm all grown up (sorta) and my last tank was a 29g which has been sitting in storage for the past few years. Fiance thought it would be a fun project to have in the house again so we started it up.

Now.... it isnt big enough

so as of 2 days ago its a 40g...

and no one is ever happy so if we find a screamin deal on something bigger......

I have my new tank which is a truvu 180g

oak stand

40g sump

ASM G3 skimmer with a sedra 9000 pump

T-8 Lighting (not going to be growing tons of corals in it)

Where from in Hawaii? I grew up there myself, in Kalihi. I too kept a saltwater tank with Humu's during my younger years, I think I was in middle school. Not sure how we kept 3 alive in a 20g for a while. Not even sure if I used reef salt or if I had a hydrometer, I know for sure it wasn't ocean water. Ended up releasing them later.

• 2 weeks later...