93 gallon cube tank build

g2theram

Very nice set up! I have a few questions if you don't mind. What equipment will you keep in the sump other than the heater? Will you use filter socks? I have been kicking around the idea of a freshwater tank and am wondering what the benefit is to using a sump with freshwater. Will you be using any pumps in the tank or just rely on flow through the sump?

So far just heaters will be house in the sump. In the main chamber I will set up a refugium I'm going to need to put in a little research into some good plants. Once the tank is set up I am going to check the flow of the water I am sure that I will need some additional flow besides the return due to the big rocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a lot done over the last week and I forgot to post my photos. So here's a recap of the last week.

Got my pump in and it was time to plumb the tank. I decided to keep the Durso because I wanted a clean look and didn't want to run any plumbing out of the stand. So far it's extremely quiet the only noise that I can here come from the sump

a463a6a3ece9419ae2e3b58f7953e9e1.jpg

Next I grabbed some sand from an existing tank and laid in all of my rock work. It's kind of hard to tell from the photo but I was able to make lots of caves I also moved over some filter pads from two existing tanks to seed my tank with some bacteria.

f1172e4ae0263c4f1ad9bca331fe8123.jpg

4ee0e7d97c5fe1de09f51b0624e47248.jpg

6b18419a88c15022766bbb5c81a051a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...