Aquarium seam - is this safe?

vanz

Finally was able to work on checking the tank for leaks and noticed the really crappy work done on the bottom panel. Should I be worried?

It's like this on all four sides of my 93g.

[ATTACH]13644[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-71-14186779147_thumb.jpg

Same exact thing happened on my 93g rimless. Been running a while now and no issues whatsoever. I water tested in the garage for about 3 weeks before installing just to be sure though haha. Marineland wasn't much help though when I called to discuss it. Their answer was something to the tune of 'if it does end up leaking all over the floor, we will happily send you a replacement tank if it's still under warranty and the warranty hasn't been voided'....like the tank replacement would be at the top of my pile of worries if that happened

I had same thing on my 40B researched it and pretty common some have failures most are just fine for years though. I think you would have better luck playing the lottery than getting marineland to cover a tank under Warranty. The silicone job I have seen on mass produced tanks is sloppy at best IMO

Aquarium seam - is this safe?

At least I'm not the only one =). It's going in my living room on carpet. This will lead to my cause of death by wife if the seams go. Marineland warranty won't do me any good if I'm dead right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent pictures off to marineland for a replacement tank. Thought I'd share those images here as well. Don't mind my messy garage.

bad_section_A_1_zps5c247f8c.jpg

bad_section_A_2_zps548218a8.jpg

bad_section_B_1_zps6ca04127.jpg

bad_section_B_2_zps41357e3f.jpg

bad_section_B_3_zpsc5084974.jpg

bad_section_C_1_zps1eeb4d40.jpg

bad_section_D_1_zpsde0b253b.jpg

This is the only good section, and it's near the overflow (about maybe 15" or so looks like it was done properly)

good_section_D_2_zps964f9d66.jpg

I would say Do NOT set it up if you can hold off. That looks like a issue waiting to happen imo. Also I think if you do your wife is already thinking of how to take you out if you put it on the carpet. IMO it would be easier to take care of this now and get a tank the that dose not have seam issues so you do not worry about it .... this in turn will let you sleep

I did buy it new, just over a week ago. I have contacted marineland (first email from them seemed positive that there would be a solution) and am awaiting their response for an exchange. So disappointed....I wanted to start my build right away.

Well I do have that 90g just sitting empty right next to me... you could do two builds... :D Start the 90g today. :D

haha i'm good. I was lucky enough to convince the wife of getting one if I were take down the 125g. I have a better chance of winning the powerball.