APC Battery backup issue

Blue Z Reef

Anyone have this issue? I bought an APC at a garage sale, bought a new battery for it on eBay and have one jebao wp40 plugged into it. Recently I would look over and the wp40 would be off. Initially I thought it was from being on a wave mode or something so I ran it on constant. Then last week it was off again. I powered off the APC and turned it on again. It would start up for a second then stop. I finally just unplugged it and plugged it straight into a power strip. Wp40 works fine. So not sure really how to trouble shoot the APC, anyone have this issue or know what to look for on these?

Sounds like a dead battery/battery set. All of my APC's do the same thing when the battery needs replacing. What happens is, it'll do it's self-test (once a week or once every two weeks - sometimes "as needed") and when it puts the load on battery, it's too much load for the battery and it stops power the battery side of the UPS. The other surge protection only side remains powered. Is that about the behavior you're seeing?

Sounds like a dead battery/battery set. All of my APC's do the same thing when the battery needs replacing. What happens is' date=' it'll do it's self-test (once a week or once every two weeks - sometimes "as needed") and when it puts the load on battery, it's too much load for the battery and it stops power the battery side of the UPS. The other surge protection only side remains powered. Is that about the behavior you're seeing?[/quote']

Yeah that's it...kinda pissed at the ebay company selling those crappy batteries. I've literally had the battery for maybe 4-5 months tops. Time to dig up the ebayer name...

Thanks for my post count back :D yours is lookin fresh also LOL