Controller powerbars?

siskiou

What are your experiences with the powerbars you got with your controllers?

My second one just went out after only 8 weeks, and I'm starting to wonder what could be causing this.

I have the Profilux controller, and the first powerbar only had a problem with one socket not turning on/off, supposedly caused by the "high inrush" from turning on US lighting.

Their new digital powerbar is supposed to have delt with this problem.

This morning my new powerbar was dead, apart from the Power and Communication (with the controller) LEDs.

I know I'm not doing anything wrong with these (at their prices I can't afford to (scary) ), but I wonder if controller power bars in general are sensitive things or what.

Everything that was plugged into it works great when plugged into a regular outlet.

I bet the distributor thinks I'm just a dolt who doesn't know how to use their equipment, but I'm seriously bummed after having to spend the morning digging out the old timers and trying to find outlets for the pumps and such connected to the controller bar.

And it's back to topping off by hand, turning fans on and off etc.

The controller itself is great and I love the set-up when it's all working, but it's a serious drag to not be able to trust it when I'm not at home (which is why I got the thing in the first place).

Sorry for the rant!