Red bugs.....Time to go to war

Tat2d

After all the members here who have posted about various pests, and the need to quarantine, I get to learn the hard way. Found the little buggers a little over a month ago. I did an 8 hour dip in interceptor, and it seemed to do the trick. Wrong! They are back

When I dipped I didn't think about rinsing, and killed all but two of the hermits in the display tank. OOPS!

I've decided to spent the time and money to properly open a can of whup-a$$ on these little monsters, and be done with them for good. I have set up a 20 gal QT tank that is currently cycling and then all the acros are going in for a six week period. The first 3 weeks will be interceptor treatment, then a 3 week observation period to make sure every last bug is gone, and give anything in the display tank time to die. 20 gal is very basic. aqua clear 50 HOB filter and a koralia or two. 250 watt halide pendant hung about 24 inches above the tank (display has a 6x39 tek elite. Don't want to shock anything).

NOTHING will go in my main tank until it has been in quarantine for 3 to 4 weeks from now on!

I'll post some pics of both tanks later today.