Datsun 510 Owners?

R-3

Does anyone on here own a Datsun 510? Ive always liked them and would like to get one. Just wanted to see some pics. Anyone else like them? They are kinda different but cool. Later Ryan

We had one before time began. Ran it into the ground.I mean literally. We use to go rabbit hunting with it in the middle of the night. Not a lot of power, at least by todays cars. It took a lickin, but kept on ticken:)

I had a '71 that was in my family since it was new.... got rid of it in '85 but it was a great little car. 1600 cc inline 4 putting out about 90hp but the car was light so it didn't seem so bad. MacPherson struts in the front. Super reliable. I think we put one radiator and a water pump in it over the 14 years we owned it... not bad. If you can find one enjoy!

Back in the day...

I had a 71 that I auto-X'd for several years and then converted into my novice car for regional road racing in the early 80's. My wife had a "premium" sedan that was dark blue with a white vinyl roof and an automatic tranny until we sold it to a family friend about 5 years ago. Lotsa fun to be had with these little cars. Many of the engine, drive train, and suspension parts, from the Z car line will bolt right up to the 510. The 510 engine is just a 4 cylinder version of the 240Z engine, pistons are interchangeable. R2