What Would You Do

spectra

Am looking into getting a cube tank set up. Tank is going in a corner in the living room. My question is would you match the corner with the tank or turn it so the tank is 45 degrees to the corner. One way you get a two sided view the other you get a three sided view. Have not really thought of this so am just asking what everyone thinks. Thanks in advance!

I'm going to be doing a cube, but I'm going with the 45 degree approach. Sol had a great idea with the pentagon tank though. I was looking into getting one of those until Jay found a great deal on the cube. You can also get the corner tanks with the bowed glass, but for me, I'm not a fan of bow fronts. It distorts my view of the lovely tank inhabitants and it makes for challenging picture taking. :D

I also like the look of the turned tank. That is if your room is big enough. In a small room, it makes it look and feel cramped. In a large room it looks nice. The space in the corner that is "wasted" can be used for the sump, refugium, skimmer, or other equipment.

I hope you enjoy your new tank. Remember to post pictures.

dsoz

Guest Mbeef61

im a fan of the radical...if it works...i would do the corner pentagon first....then a bowfront corner...and then the cube with flat side to the corner and then cube with the corner in the corner last

Well after actually thinking about it and doing some layout I think I am going to keep it with the corner. I do have the room but if you do the math and look at everything the size of cube I want is real big when you turn it in the corner. I would like to have a stand with three doors but I think two will work just fine. Now it is time to figure everthing else out IE lights, sump, skimmer and a few other things. Will keep you posted when I get things set in stone.

Thanks agian!

Scott Ive got a corner Hex at home Im taking down. Its been my octopus tank for the last 3 years but I recently lost my Bimac. Since Im taking my other show tank home, Im going to break down this corner hex. Its a 45 gal if your interested.

(I hope I can post this without being commercial as it is my personal equipment from home...)