I just have to brag a little about my new 300 gallon deep dimension starphire :)

jenna

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once saw a tank on Craigslist that was 4000 gallons if I remember right??? It was used in trade shows to show off bass fishing lures. It came with a four axle trailer and if I remember right it was something like 20 feet long!!! My wife shot that down though. :(

I once saw a tank on Craigslist that was 4000 gallons if I remember right??? It was used in trade shows to show if bass fishing lures. It came with a four axle trailer and if I remember right it was something like 20 feet long!!! My wife shot that down though. :(

HAHA those water changes would be fun times...

Get this- now my 7 year old (wicked smart) daughter wants her "own" reef tank. LOL! It's a sickness! HAHA I told her that IF she can learn everything there is to know about how a saltwater aquarium works that one day we may possibly set one up for her. Hehe. So since then she's been asking me to teach her and give her daily quizzes on her knowledge :p So far she understands the nitrogen cycle, she can identify the differences between softies, LPS and SPS, she knows what a sump is for, what a skimmer is for, and 3 different types of lighting! Oh and today I taught her about how corals use photosynthesis :)

Get this- now my 7 year old (wicked smart) daughter wants her "own" reef tank. LOL! It's a sickness! HAHA I told her that IF she can learn everything there is to know about how a saltwater aquarium works that one day we may possibly set one up for her. Hehe. So since then she's been asking me to teach her and give her daily quizzes on her knowledge :p So far she understands the nitrogen cycle' date=' she can identify the differences between softies, LPS and SPS, she knows what a sump is for, what a skimmer is for, and 3 different types of lighting! Oh and today I taught her about how corals use photosynthesis :)[/quote']

Sounds like she already knows more than a lot of people that already HAVE tanks know. (laugh)

Yea' date=' in hindsight I kinda wish we would have made the baffle height difference a little more significant between the compartments, but I think it'll work![/quote']

should be more quiet thae way you have it, falling water can get little loud, we all have our irks

I've never seen them over a tank. What sort of effect do they give? Do they give off a shimmer like metal halide or more of an intense blue like T-5's (which we currently have).

They do both depending on how you set it up but the shimmer is always there. Are you going to have a good or open top design?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

We will have a hood. That's another reason that I'm considering LED...much cooler.

That and you can get the diy units that can be much more adjustable. I didn't see all the gear you're getting yet but if you get a reef keeper or apex you can control them a bit more with sun up, sun down to gradually decrease and increase. Its more of a cute feature then anything but i figured if I'm going to spend the money on it i want it all..lol

What about coral color and growth? I've done some reading that says that it's about the same' date=' but what about your personal experiences? How long have you had your led's set up and how has your coral reacted?[/quote']

I've had my leds since January. I had a full sps tank but just recently had two bad crashes (not related to the lighting..lol). I still have two clams and plan to get a few more. I won a growout for sps just recently as well.