New 120 Builld

Re_Run

Saw that a while back when I was looking into a stand for my 90, design is cool but figuring out the plumbing to be able to drag the sump out that far seems like a lot of work, unless you just do quick disconnects and shut everything down. Which is not so bad. I say go for it. I just built mine to be tall enough to get in and out of it easily.

Looks like a slick setup. Neat idea having the sump on rollers to slide it out. Are you going to have unions and valves on the plumbing to make it easier to disconnect and whatnot to slide the sump out?

that is the general idea

[ATTACH]13153[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13154[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13155[/ATTACH]

post-8875-141867762783_thumb.jpg

post-8875-141867762789_thumb.jpg

post-8875-141867762791_thumb.jpg

seriously reef in the sky in one of the most documented tanks in the world. It was totm on reef central and zeovit tank of the month. That tank was so thought and planned that reef central uses it as a sticky to set the bar for any future sps keepers looking to start a new system and if you knew how mnay amazing sps systems have been through that forum it is a pretty big accomplishment.

yep they sure are why re-invent the wheel have to modify a few things not going to be zeo.. tank size will be different.. stand will will be more or less the same.. should have given credit earlier in the post my bad sry.. still going to be a sick tank when finished. nothing to get caught about do you get caught when you buy a premade stand or watch youtube to build a custom stand just following buleprints and adapting to my own use?

yes it is 1/2" with a 1" bottom.. all to corners and glass edges are routed no sharp edges euro braced... was 3k new just for the tank.. plus shipping

figue I'll be in it about 5k done before live stock.

having the metal frame powder coated High gloss white. soild oak panels sealed then high gloss finish. thinking of red with white racing stripes or burnt org. (think camero with dk gray racing strips).. like on guys big bite. light 3 or 4 AI sols or vega haven't desided yet. want to get wannareef to build the sump.. hope he says yes seen a few of his outstanding work..

think it might be nice to have a reef in the sky.. more like made in America.

putting in 2 mp 40s 2 sea swirls going with a black graduated back ground from black to charcole gray.

PM cal reactor

[ATTACH]13166[/ATTACH]

, skimmer yet to be decided.. more info to come

as parts come in will post pic this will be epic.. when done will want to host a meeting

btw wife is not pleased but on board(wife)

post-8875-141867762795_thumb.jpg