Acan dying back issue :(

Blue Z Reef

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has had this issue.

I bought 2 acans, 1 looks great and is all puffed up and nice. The other looked ok the first night, then proceeded to start getting a brownish slime forming around the edges. I thought this may be from being cut there or something but wasn't sure. I left it for a day and it got worse. This morning I pulled it out and gave it a luigols bath for 10 mins and blew the slime off, which exposed dead skeleton underneath. This pic is what's left of the colony. Anyone have this issue with new/freshly cut Acans? It's just a bit strange since the other colony is just fine behind it.

acans.jpg

Just sucks since its the cool colored colony

I guess we'll see what happens, I did what the brown jelly disease cures said already, so hopefully that keeps at least one polyp alive to regrow. Kinda strange since I did a luigols dip prior to addidtion to the tank, but they also said to blow lps off with stronger current too, guess I'll start that too in the future.

The red is still hanging in there currently, had about 30% die off. I've given it and iodine bath and moved it to my frag rack for higher flow. I did a melafix dip...which I'm regretting as my skimmer has been going ape now for 4 days and I can't leave it on without overflowing lol