Salty gobies 40 gallon Breeder LPS/SPS reef tank

saltygobie

Well here the start of my build thread.

Plans

Standard 40b (going to order a coast to coast from garret at premium aquarium that goes across the whole back of the tank) its going to have two 1" overflows and two 1/2 returns, power heads are going to be two Koralia's . The return power I can't remember the name but I know it's 750ghp and daul 175 watt metal halides those are the things I am decided on .

Things I am Undecided on and would like input on?

I have a 15 gallon acrylic sump (that's in the picture) And I have a 20 gallon long but in the sump I want a skimmer a rack for a filter sock and a good sized refuge ( not against using two two so keep that in mind) and I am really undecided on the skimmer if I got with the 15 gallon sump skimmer would have to be a out of sump skimmer. So I am open to ideas because I want this tank to be a SPS/LPS tank and any thing you think I have planed already and you have tried and it's not worked well please tell me, don't have lots of money seance I just had a baby a month and a half ago so less trials and errors on design the better (clap)

I have a seprate tank for a refugium and love it. I can control the flow through the fuge so it has less GPH and still have enough through the skimmer. If you can work it out the 20L would be a perfect fuge and just have it gravity feed in to your return section of the sump. On my tank the fuge is elevated to make this easier.

Looking good on the build so far. I like the 40B tanks. They make nice reefs :)

+1 on the sep fuge if you already have the two tanks I'd use what you have and you can control the flow much easier. I have a 40b reef and it's def a fun tank. I have a ton of equipment if you are ever looking for anything, pumps, skimmers, reactors, lights, etc. if your planning on Lps/sps I'd do a skimmer rated for minimum double you water volume, my skimmer is rated for 150 gallons on a 40b.

Powder blue I would love to hear about the gear u have still need a good skimmer and i would love a reactor but dont know if i can afford one and we are going SPS only now but now we on a budget that i can spend with each paycheck so I am buying things slowly , me and my wife just had are first child and its a baby girl we named Jordan, she's a cutie