My first flood!

siskiou

(clap)

How exiting!...not! DOH!

I was in the process of using a diatom filter to really get the water sparkly and attached some rigid tubing to the input to vacuum the rocks and sand.

The thing popped of and I lost my siphon, so I had to turn the diatom filter upside down to establish a siphon again (these things are weird, but do a great job cleaning).

In the process, the input hose came off (despite a zip lock supposed to hold it on) and sprayed water mixed with diatom powder all over the place, including me.

A half hour later I have a load of damp towels to wash and a big stain of diatom powder on the carpet in front of the tank.

Teaches me to try and clean up the tank (and to try and save a buck by not getting a real hose clamp)!:D

It was probably just a gallon or two of water, but sure seems like a lot.

That's nothing. Try a skimmer overflow in the middle of the night draining around 5 gal. into the stand. Good thing I put laminate flooring in my stand when I built it and caulked around the seems. Kept the flood totally contained in the stand but it fried my pump :( Floods Suck!

Dang, you got off easy! I had some cheato plugging the drain on my fuge on my last tank, the water just flowed over the top and onto the carpet. I filled up my 5gal topoff bucket twice before i realized where all the water was going!!

Siskiou you are supposed to play with water out of the tank only on hot days when you can wear your bathing suit!. Like today. (wife) !

Did the skimmer pump disconnect trick twice, good thing I have tiles. Still managed to ruin two carpets . Also had a falty RO water shut off valve when filling up my RO water tank, only found out the next morning... I am used to turn on the fans and sponge up the floor at all ours of the day! I am preparing for a new career in flood response cleaning. DOH!

The hardest part is always how to break the news to your wife...when she finds you with a soaking towel in your hand. (laugh)

I'm lucky to be the wife around here! ;)

As long as my husband's guitar and cds are not affected by the flood, he is not bothered and helps lug the towels to and from the disaster area!

Now if I made it a habit, the tune might change... :D