Non-competition femto tank

cellowithgills

This is my non-competition femto tank. The tank is about 1.7g total but running volume (minus rock, sand and equipment) is 1.4g. I like the set up too much to try to get it down below 1 gallon for the comp.

The tank is a critter cage ($12.99 new, but I traded for it). I siliconed a piece of plastic into the back for all the equipment.

IMAG0509.jpg

It’s running a 11w screw in LED that I bought off ebay a few months ago. It’s looks to be about 10k ish to me.

IMAG0514.jpg

This is a top shot from right after it was set up.

IMAG0515.jpg

Here’s from a few days ago

IMAG0548.jpg

and here’s from yesterday after I” modded” the light.

IMAG0547.jpg

So far stock is 2 nassarius snails, a margarita snail, a stoma snail, a hermit crab, black sponge, a leather coral, and candy apple red zoas. I plan on adding some more stoma snails, a few more corals, and possibly a small yellow watchmen goby and/or a sleeper goby we have at the shop.

Filtration at this point is..... Undeveloped. I'm been using a small bag of carbon and a little square of pond bio-pad. No mechanical filtration at this point. I was thinking that I could rubberband some filter pad around the pump if I felt like I needed it. I've been to a 1qt water change once a week.

IMAG0551.jpg

The amount of macro that would fit in this wouldn't be enough to make a difference with nutrients, I may add some halimeda to the display portion though. I have also been adding a little squirt of live Nannochloropsis and T. Californicus after I do a wc though. Not sure if it is doing anything but it adds diversity so it can hurt.