Clown Fish hosting RBTA

bswe22

Wait, wait, wait... Unfortunately that's all you can really do.

Did you add the nem after the clowns? I have found that a clown is much more Likly to host a nem if it's already in the tank; once they settle for a rock when their is no nem present it can be hard for them to accept the upgrade.

Disclaimer: Just anecdotal, not something I read so a grain of salt is required. LOL

I have a Purple Corkscrew & a False Perc. ( I realize that it's a different type of Anemone) but it took her well over a year. It was just like she bumped into it one day & said "hey this feels nice"

Lol.... Well, I don't like where the RBTA has decided to call home. If I could get it to move maybe the clowns will bump into it. ;-). How do I do that with out touching it? Maybe point a distant power head at it so it move somewhere else on its own? Maybe, any other ideas?

Maybe point a distant power head at it so it move somewhere else on its own? Maybe' date=' any other ideas?[/quote']

This is exactly what I do. The only time you can really move it is when it is on the glass; (this can be done, very gently, with a credit card.)

Watch the nem closely until, and several weeks after, it settles in.

Mine took about 6 months...then, ya, as racefan pointed out one day he brushed it and seemed to like it. Now they are all snuggles all the time.

We even named the clown "Timmy" after the southpark character. He would just do laps of the tank night and day, then he found a cave-ish nook in the rock and seemed to be hosting there....funny thing is that it was right next to the nem, about 6 inches away and when he was in his nook, he was looking right at the nem..."Timmy" seemed to fit. One day, it all just clicked for him.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it's great! It is so cool to see them both rubbing back and forth in there! Then there are times when they just use the RBTA like a bed and just lay there without moving, it's very cool. Today when I feed the tank one of the clowns took food to the RBTA and feed it.