Tiger Pistol Shrimp

Cirenus

So, I go ta tiger pistol shrimp a couple weeks ago, who decided to make a nice little tunnel system under my live rock... And the last couple days i realized i was missing some of my Zoo frags...and some hermits....and some nas snails... as I was cleaning I decided to take a look into his burrow... lifted up my LR... and he had packed all of them into the walls of his burrow... They were all alive, and the frags were accounted for... He was using them all as decorations!

Mine will do this, too. No small frags on the sand bed... He'll steal them.

He also takes the occasional dwarf Cerith snail into the cave and then... Snap! Snap! Snap!

I break up live rock and put small pieces near his cave entrance for him to use for building.

Do you have a goby buddy for him?

They need a lot of space IMO. The candy cane is a better choice for those with smaller setups. I have had my tiger for over four years, he is 2 plus inches now and has claimed a third of my 125.

Definitely one of my favorite critters. :)

My Tiger pistol did kill my cleaner shrimp when I put him in' date=' but i suspect thats because my cleaner shrimp decided he wanted to try and clean the front of one of the pistol shrimps tunnels...[/quote']

My cleaner shrimp are always getting up in my tiger pistol shrimp's face at feeding time. He just fires off a couple warning shots and they go elsewhere. He snaps his claw at anything that gets too close, but I've never seen him cause any damage from it.