Bad Experience with FedEx

frankb

I bought a nice chalice from R2R. The seller shipped it overnight via FedEx on Thursday from Miami. I was home Friday and waited patiently for the package to arrive. I finally checked the tracking number and found out that the plane was stuck in Tennessee late on Thursday night. It means that it would not arrive to Portland until Friday night or early Saturday. I called FedEx and complained. The person who answered assured me that they would deliver it on Saturday. Nothing came in on Saturday. The chalice was sure dead by then(flame). I had contacted the seller and requested him to file a claim against FedEx. He is very nice and told me to send the picture of the dead coral. I then told my wife to take a picture immediately once the package was delivered on Monday. Guess what! FedEx again delayed it until Tuesday. I really don't know whether we can get any money back or not? It really sucks.

they will not garrantee live goods not even if its there fault all they will do is refund your shipping I have dealt with this personaly when they put a box on a wronge truck and ups has same rule for live goods lucky this dosnt happen often but it does happen and usally sellers have to make it right so be patient with seller and you should get what you want.

they will not garrantee live goods not even if its there fault all they will do is refund your shipping I have dealt with this personaly when they put a box on a wronge truck and ups has same rule for live goods lucky this dosnt happen often but it does happen and usally sellers have to make it right so be patient with seller and you should get what you want.

Thanks for the advice. I've told the seller it was not his fault. I am hoping to get the refund of the shipping from FedEx.

I ran into a bad issue with Fed Ex last week myself' date=' ordered some live fish, he gets to the door with the shipment, tips the box completely upside down and says, " Live fish" and then drops it on the ground and walked off...[/quote']

Wow, that's unacceptable in my opinion. I deliver furniture and if I treated anything with that much disregard I would be fired over it. I understand the guy probably has a lot of deliveries but that's just down right rude.

I ran into a bad issue with Fed Ex last week myself' date=' ordered some live fish, he gets to the door with the shipment, tips the box completely upside down and says, " Live fish" and then drops it on the ground and walked off...[/quote']

Wow, that's unacceptable in my opinion. I deliver furniture and if I treated anything with that much disregard I would be fired over it. I understand the guy probably has a lot of deliveries but that's just down right rude.

Frank' date=' it's only a matter of time with any of the shippers. I have had issues with Fed ex, UPS, and USPS not to this extent though. If the person selling the coral paid shipping he will get reimbursed for shipping only and should reimburse you the full amount.[/quote']

The seller is very nice about it. I did not ask for the full refund because it was not his fault. He told me that he will give me the full refund of shipping money. I am upset because it was such a nice piece of coral.(flame)

The seller is very nice about it. I did not ask for the full refund because it was not his fault. He told me that he will give me the full refund of shipping money. I am upset because it was such a nice piece of coral.(flame)

Frank you are too nice. It does suck but as a seller who is willing to ship that is one of the risks you take. He should give you the full remimbursement for the loss as it was not your fault and the responsibility is on him. This is what I would have done. Usually I have also found the person who is actually shipping the item will have better luck with Fed ex. We had an episode where they sent it to the wrong city in California but were eventually able to get it to the person in the evening and the corals were fine. I did get remimbursed from Fedex for shipping and passed that along to the buyer.

That's the biggest downside to shipping IMO is the risk of them screwing it up and the corals dieing. The second one is not knowing the people who you are selling to and being scammed. (but Itrader helpswhat chalice was it that you got?

Frank you are too nice. It does suck but as a seller who is willing to ship that is one of the risks you take. He should give you the full remimbursement for the loss as it was not your fault and the responsibility is on him. This is what I would have done. Usually I have also found the person who is actually shipping the item will have better luck with Fed ex. We had an episode where they sent it to the wrong city in California but were eventually able to get it to the person in the evening and the corals were fine. I did get remimbursed from Fedex for shipping and passed that along to the buyer.

That's the biggest downside to shipping IMO is the risk of them screwing it up and the corals dieing. The second one is not knowing the people who you are selling to and being scammed. (but Itrader helpswhat chalice was it that you got?

We ship out hundreds of packages every day at work and use FedEx. I've woked here 6 years and never seen them delay a a package more than one or two days. Seen them lose/steal a bunch, but never delayed more than two days. That's craziness! It's summer, where's the 'storm' causing these delays?

Nice of you to accept the loss and not put it on the seller, but if I were the seller, I'd at least offer to split it with you, no more your fault than his.

That sucks though man.

The chalice was Jason fox biohazard. It sucks because it is a nice chalice too. Also, I've learned a hard lesson not to order anything to be delivered on Friday.

The chalice was Jason fox biohazard. It sucks because it is a nice chalice too. Also' date=' I've learned a hard lesson not to order anything to be delivered anything on Friday.[/quote']

Yeah that's a good point. Beth always tries to ship wed her day off for that reason.

The chalice was Jason fox biohazard. It sucks because it is a nice chalice too. Also' date=' I've learned a hard lesson not to order anything to be delivered anything on Friday.[/quote']

Yeah that's a good point. Beth always tries to ship wed her day off for that reason.

Did you get the coral yet? I'd still put it in the tank and see how it does. 5 days is not unreasonable if packed properly. I have had corals and even fish live longer then that with shipping mishaps.

I received the coral on tuesday. It is completely dead with white skeleton. (sad)

I at least got my package but they didn't knock on my door to let me know that they dropped it off. So it was probably sitting outside for a few hours with my newly added seahorses. Not sure what the heck is wrong with the shipping companies anymore. Sorry you lost your chalice.

i had a bad experience with them 2 years ago i ordered some fish and coral and i paid for overnight shipping mind you i bought everything on a Monday morning and i didn't get my stuff till that Thursday and never rang the door bell or knocked and my box was banged up, busted open then taped up poorly and upside down i ordered some superman shrooms, three pink anthias and two clowns and a royal gramma. Both the clown bags were empty and the gramma were dead, but fortunately the shrooms and anthias were some how still alive and the online store gave me a whole refund on the lost fish.