What do i use?

g81

For the baffle in the sump you could get away with silicone, for any support or brackets you will need Weldon #16, you might find it at home depot with the acrylic or check tru value or another hardware store that sells acrylic

Weldon 16 would be a better choice' date=' but you'll get some crazing from the 16, just beware[/quote']

what do you mean by crazing? i may be switching to a glass sump. but ill still be adding acrylic dividers would this weldon 16 still work?

what do you mean by crazing? i may be switching to a glass sump. but ill still be adding acrylic dividers would this weldon 16 still work?

Crazing is micro cracks in the plastic that don't necessarily go all the way thru. They're more like stress cracks and can weaken the plastic. Silicone does not really bond to acrylic very well. For an acrylic to acrylic joint, you really want to use Weld-On (maybe not 16, there are other grades). For glass to glass, you use silicone. For acrylic to glass....well it really doesn't work long term.

No Weldon won't work for acrylic to glass. Why do you want to use acrylic dividers for glass? Have glass cut and use silicone for glass to glass. For a sock holder you can build it out of acrylic and use coated magnets to keep it in place.

No Weldon won't work for acrylic to glass. Why do you want to use acrylic dividers for glass? Have glass cut and use silicone for glass to glass. For a sock holder you can build it out of acrylic and use coated magnets to keep it in place.

i have sheets of acrylic is not main reason. is it pricy to get glass cut?

Don't worry about the crazing, its for a sump and just cosmetics, but I just wanted you to know it'll happen.

It will work, since you have the material use it. Most use acrylic for baffles in glass sumps, the other half use glass in the glass sumps, glass to glass works much better than acrylic to glass and acrylic to acrylic will work much better than glass to acrylic.

If you ask 100 people you will get 50 different answers - just their opinions - weather right or wrong - just their opinions. It's up to you to decipher it and use the knowledge. I'm no eggspert but I work with acrylic almost everyday and say go ahead and use the acrylic for your baffles.

JMO

Don't worry about the crazing, its for a sump and just cosmetics, but I just wanted you to know it'll happen.

It will work, since you have the material use it. Most use acrylic for baffles in glass sumps, the other half use glass in the glass sumps, glass to glass works much better than acrylic to glass and acrylic to acrylic will work much better than glass to acrylic.

If you ask 100 people you will get 50 different answers - just their opinions - weather right or wrong - just their opinions. It's up to you to decipher it and use the knowledge. I'm no eggspert but I work with acrylic almost everyday and say go ahead and use the acrylic for your baffles.

JMO