salt mix

You will get a million different opinions. Comes down to preference and what you an afford. I can only speak from my own experience. I used Oceanic for years and had no problems with it. Every said how great Kent is so I switched to Kent 2 buckets ago. Been pleased so far with it. Thee is a thread on reefcentral all about this(well probably 100 threads) that actually did analysis on all the brands and such. Some people swear by instant ocean.

As far as buying, some people do group buys around here. I think The Premium Aquarium in salem is doing a group buy right now. Local fish stores always have stuff in stock. I think you will find the best prices online. Dr foster and smith are pretty good. I bought Oceanic from them quite a few times. Fast shipping and anything over 50 bucks is free shipping.

hope that helps.

I use aquavitro salinity. I really like the fact that they do a lab analysis of each individual bucket and post the results on the side. As previous people have said though I think any and all well known reef salts are great. You will find a lot of happy people with every major brand. All in all it's much more important to keep up on water changes and keep your temp and params stable. These are the biggest keys to success IMHO.

+1 with gardth. Every one will have a opinion and why they like the one they use. I think most of the brands are basically good.

That being said I use Kent reef salt and am happy with it. I like how it tests out and is easy to find localy. And the group buys are a nice bonus :)

+1 with gardth. Every one will have a opinion and why they like the one they use. I think most of the brands are basically good.

That being said I use Kent reef salt and am happy with it. I like how it tests out and is easy to find localy. And the group buys are a nice bonus :)

If your looking for some really good prices, I would go to the premium aquarium if your ever in salem. I've shopped around and found he had the best prices in my neck of the woods.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2