Condy Nem placement.

Hog Head

I just bought 3 purple condy's at the lfs and I was wondering if someone can help with height placement in the tank. I was thinking about mid level unless that is too high. All three are already attached to rock. I am running 2x250w Radiums about 11" off of the water. I am not sure if I will stick with the Radiums as they are a little dark for me.

I would say put the rocks where you can fit them because those nems will move all over until they find the spot they like. I kept one of these many years ago under CF lights. In my experience they are very tolerant of different lighting conditions as long as you feed them. I think feeding them also keeps them from eating your fish.

I would say put the rocks where you can fit them because those nems will move all over until they find the spot they like. I kept one of these many years ago under CF lights. In my experience they are very tolerant of different lighting conditions as long as you feed them. I think feeding them also keeps them from eating your fish.

Thanks. They are about 2/3 from the bottom. They are quite sticky like my pink/green tube nem. I usually feed rods plankton.

Actualy 1 Purple' date=' 1 Green tipped Purple and 1 Brown with a red foot. Is the nem with the red foot an LTA or still a Condy?[/quote']

I have a green condy with a red foot. Cool nem. They don't need as much light as the bubble tips or LTA's so where every you put them they should be fine. Besides if they don't like were you think they should go they will just take matters in to there own hands. The first day I put mine in the tank it looked like a tumble weed until I found it a happy place (laugh). It hasn't moved since.

I have a green condy with a red foot. Cool nem. They don't need as much light as the bubble tips or LTA's so where every you put them they should be fine. Besides if they don't like were you think they should go they will just take matters in to there own hands. The first day I put mine in the tank it looked like a tumble weed until I found it a happy place (laugh). It hasn't moved since.

The green tipped nem has already moved off of the small rock that it came on and nestled into a hole on a much larger rock.

Double posted :(

I did forget to mention I give it a chunk of fresh shrimp or scallop once a week and target feed it some mysis or brine with the corals a couple times a week. So far so good.

I have plankton, I'll pick up some shrimp soon. Thanks.