Ideas on power management and safety?

tidalsculpin

Have you ever built a "power center". I don't do a lot of electrical work but it seems like power organization is something often ignored by the average hobbiest. Often in the background pictures there is a powerstrip rats nest. Are you proud of your powercenter organization? Lets see it. I can't install new circuits but I would like to see how some people's setups are organized for ideas.

OK, so I'm not a member over there,yet. No pics for me.(scratch)

I assume it has lots of outlets, a gfi and is built inside a wooden box that looks pretty.

Has anyone done the same thing with powerstrips inside a box or mounted it on the backside of their tank? If you don't have 450 bucks to spend I assume you do something similar with powerstrips mounted neatly inside a box. Is it safe to mount your powerstrips on the back of your stand? A drip loop is useless if water drips on outlets!!! lol Seems like a separate box is safer.

I have not done it yet, but the plan is for me to move my tank into the basement when it is done (another story altogether). I have two circuits that are not being used right now, so I am going to rewire those two circuits into a wall pannel next to the tank. I think I'll have one for lights, heater, and skimmer. The other for the main pumps and powerheads. Like I said, it is still in the planning stages, and not likely to be done until summer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Not that I want to hijack this thread... I'll start my own as time gets closer.

dsoz :)