my temp

g81

i found out my temp was alot lower than it was suppost to be in my tank running high 76-78 deg.. would this effect my corals? mabye the reason that are not opening?

i have been running a chiller at 80 my heater was not set up right.

i set my chiller at 81 and my heater to 80

(scratch)

Thats about where I run mine, try not to let it go below 76. My chiller comes on at 79, have to change the setting from 2 degrees to 3 so it will go to 80. I have to heat my tank, chiller rarely comes on

I like to run my tank low, about 74 in the winter up to about 78 in the summer. Heat doesn't really affect corals too much unless you get really low, like in the low 70, high 60 range. Most fish seem to do better at a lower temperature in my experiences.

I like to run my tank low' date=' about 74 in the winter up to about 78 in the summer. Heat doesn't really affect corals too much unless you get really low, like in the low 70, high 60 range. Most fish seem to do better at a lower temperature in my experiences.[/quote']

I'm surprised. I might argue, but your tank is too beautiful to fault your methods.

I read an article about whats best for your reef tank as far as SG,salinity and temp (controversial I know) but it had a chart that showed newer ppl in the hobby kept thier tanks warmer with higher salinity and temp while ppl who had been in the hobby longer kepth thier tanks in the lower range. Funny to see there is such a wide range of temperatures being used