Asterna Eater

rgrcrain

I walked by my tank a couple of hours ago and I saw this starfish on top of a little asterna star with a red "thing" (im assuming was its stomach) around it. I watched for a minute or two but then got bored and walked away. Then about half an hour later the stomach and asterna star were gone so im pretty sure he ate it. So i recreated the situation, I put an asterna under the big star and took some cool pictures!

038.jpg

031.jpg

033.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

The little guy got away this this time, probably because the big one was already full from the first one. Or judging by the last picture he was just giving the little one a big ol' kiss. (laugh)

037.jpg

I dont remember what they are called but apparently there are a couple in Springfield (laugh)' date=' this is honestly the first time i've seen it happen. Oceans in a Box is where I got the 2 I have but I can't promise they all do it.[/quote']

it would be awesome if they were because I have a mystery wrasse and tge moment I put my Harlequin shrimp in my tank he was eyeballing it so had to take her out so now my tank is infested

Thats why I dont have a shrimp. My melanarus eats any NEW creature with legs or a shell I throw in there. Peppermints' date=' hermits, snails, etc. This was just a bonus. lol[/quote']

Really? I have a Melanarus and a Eight Line wrasse and have had no issue with shrimp or crabs being hurt. Both these are considered reef safe so they shouldn't attack them, or am I mistaken (scratch) either way they are modle citizens.

Thats why I dont have a shrimp. My melanarus eats any NEW creature with legs or a shell I throw in there. Peppermints' date=' hermits, snails, etc. This was just a bonus. lol[/quote']

I would say so. I bought two exta large peppermint shrimp and put them in my tank and they didn't even and hour in my tank my mystery ripped them to shredds and ate them haha he didn't need to eat for a couple days after that lol.

But oddly enough I have two large cleaner shrimp in with him and doesn't even bother them