Life changes

CoralCrazy

So trying to figure out if my idea is worth doing. I lost my job yesterday due to not cleaning up someone elses mess. So since there really isn't that many places to shop for saltwater in my area was thinking about starting up a small shop from my home. Of course I would want to be a sponsor here. So my question is for the locals to my area if they would be interested in having another option to buy locally? Anyone is welcome to chime in of course but really want to know if it's worth the challenge to do this.

I would be interested in having another store here locally. Not that i would be a huge client or anything, but it would be nice to have another place to shop! I dont know if there is enough of a market around this area, if you are able to sell online as well that may be able to help out too.

I'm so sorry to hear this :( I think they will come to regret this very soon. There is nothing like having some one in the hobby to run a salt section

Your home is a bit off the beaten track so it may be a challenge to have a home store. But you know I'll be there :)

From personal experience I would recommend thinking about opening a store front before I would do a home front. Though I loved my garage shop and it worked fairly well, it had many, many limitations. It was definitely super fun and the lower overhead was nice but getting accounts open with many suppliers was difficult, there was a certain lack of legitimacy that was perceived by some customers and other businesses, and there were times when it seemed that in order to be really dedicated, it almost seemed like it was had to step away for a break. Most people were pretty good about making appointments but I know some were discouraged at times when a certain time or day didn't work. A set schedule with the option for appointments when needed works much better. There are many many other things to consider as well but of course there are with any new business venture and even more so with a store front I suppose. I would think that if you are planning a nice e-commerce site coupled with a set availability and some appointment times available that it would make things more feasible. Good luck and think it over for a bit. It sounds great and I am sure this goes without saying, but there is a ton more to it than just selling some corals which I am sure you are thinking about already.

I have a private party looking into a location right on the main street in Longview. It will take a little while to get it running but I'm up to the challenge. Thank you everyone for the support. I plan on having everything planned out before jumping in. Luckily due to my job I made many connections so Im Atleast one step closer.

Archived