OOPS

pnkrcklives

Looks like I finally joined the club. Turned on the RO/DI unit last night to fill the washer and make some water. Fell asleep on the couch. Woke up this morning to who knows how much water on the floor. Who wants to come help me move stuff and clean carpets. I will buy pizza and drinks. Maybe even offer up some cash for a strong back. DOH!DOH!DOH!

Holy Cow. What an ordeal. The water is extracted thanks to my shop vac and a rental extractor. Box fans are in the window. Carpet fans are humming. But on the plus side the fish room carpets look great not to mention the rest of the house since I shampooed every square inch of carpet. Big props to my good friends that came over and moved my furniture.

Sorry I didn't see this' date=' I have a RugDoctor, great vac to clean up and shampoo, let me know if you need it for a once over.[/quote'] I will let you know. I just rented one still have it for a few more hours today. But depending on how the carpet dries. I may need to do a once over in a week or so.

gotta get watch dogs water alarms from home depo 10 dollars and 9volt battries

Yeah I bought a couple yesterday. Also decided trying to save the waste water is not worth it. So I plumed it into a drain. Then teed it off to the garden with a ball valve shutoff in that leg. Also going to set up some barrels with float switches.

I think flooding ones house via washer is a new 1' date=' at least when fish tanks are involved.[/quote']

Yeah I put the waste line in the washing machine. Then make 5 gallons of RO/DI water. That is enough in the washer to do one small load of laundry. But trust me if you leave it on for like 8 hours the water will come out the top of the washing machine.

float switch. you can install one on any bucket' date=' or trash can...most LFS sell em...[/quote']

I will be doing a 300 gallon tank soon. So this is as good of time as any to get set up 55 gallon barrels to have a hundred gallons or so of water on hand. I just picked up the float switches at the hardware store they were cheap too.

Archived