fs 48" 400w halide fixture with vho's and fans

jmetz32

thinking of switching to t5's

selling 48" fixture with reflectors, 400w halide ballast and vho ballast.

2- 400 watt halides

2- t12 actinic vho's

built in fans..

all bulbs less than 3 months...

not really sure what to ask for it... ill start at $350 obo...

let me know if thats too high or what...

bump yet again.... light works great.. love the halide shimmer... has 2 purple actinics for vho...

only reason selling/trading is cause light is too big for my tank... too wide.. cant even open lids haha

would trade for t5 fixture with legs, or 2- 400 watt halides/ ballasts that can be mounted in a hood, or is it possible to take bulbs and reflectors/ wiring out of fixture and mount in hood??? anyone done this before?

bump yet again.... light works great.. love the halide shimmer... has 2 purple actinics for vho...

only reason selling/trading is cause light is too big for my tank... too wide.. cant even open lids haha

would trade for t5 fixture with legs, or 2- 400 watt halides/ ballasts that can be mounted in a hood, or is it possible to take bulbs and reflectors/ wiring out of fixture and mount in hood??? anyone done this before?

If you get no takers on a trade, could you try hanging the fixture from the ceiling so you have more room above your tank? I think with two 400w halides, you're not going to be able to keep glass lids on the tank anyway. Another option is to make some supports out of electrical conduit or some kind of pipe that would extend up from the back of your stand and and then over your tank and hang the light from that.

Archived