LEDS.....What to choose

R-3

^^^

I am with Shaun. I have seen all of these units in action. If I were buying for the shop to light up some awesome corals I would go Radium(MH), Sol Blues, or Radion for 90+% of my lighting(exactly what I am doing). I have installed many of these units, serviced many tanks with various units on them, and have done a decent amount of browsing/research.

The Radion unit covers a 60g cube very well. 2 AI sol blues would do so as well. 1 Radium MH covers it very well also.

I DIY'd my LED fixture with 24 - 3watt CREE XREs for a 29 Biocube. It was a fun project. I learned how to solder and wire things and I saved a bunch of money. And if something breaks, I now know how to fix it. :) I have no spotlighting issues.

I was looking at the AOI and the EcoTechd Radion. But the AOI I would have to go with 6 of them for the cube and the price of the EcoTech Radion was just to much. I have seen the AOI and for me the blue white separation was to much. I was informed to look into the reefstars I know they are as advertized as the AOI or the EcoTechd Radion. But trust me these are a great LED. the one down fall is the casing because it looks like the cheap over sea lights( The news have a new casing) it is any but that. I wellcome anyone looking at LED's to come out and check these out. Note this tank is 30 deep and I have plenty of penetration to the bottom.

I was looking at the AOI and the EcoTechd Radion. But the AOI I would have to go with 6 of them for the cube and the price of the EcoTech Radion was just to much. I have seen the AOI and for me the blue white separation was to much. I was informed to look into the reefstars I know they are as advertized as the AOI or the EcoTechd Radion. But trust me these are a great LED. the one down fall is the casing because it looks like the cheap over sea lights( The news have a new casing) it is any but that. I wellcome anyone looking at LED's to come out and check these out. Note this tank is 30 deep and I have plenty of penetration to the bottom.

I challenge you to a sand bed PAR challenge ;)

R3.....I can't say it enough....if you have the 700 for a Radion than get it....otherwise you should seriously consider the Reef star. Ask Reefnjunkie.....even he thinks my PAR at the sand bed is like 500 or more.....All he kept saying is "dude you have a lot of light" or " your par has to be high...."

I challenge you to a sand bed PAR challenge ;)

R3.....I can't say it enough....if you have the 700 for a Radion than get it....otherwise you should seriously consider the Reef star. Ask Reefnjunkie.....even he thinks my PAR at the sand bed is like 500 or more.....

Which ones are you running eric?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived