Acan group buy

I'm sorry You feel you got had...some of the acans cut smaller then I anticipated, just How it worked out...

I was unaware this was a group buy until the day they were picked up...so some were much bigger then others, including one That was a double frags, in trying to make up for some of the smaller ones...I did my best, to make up for it, with how others were cut...I can tell you that I have ordered from many different vendors and I have seen this size, smaller and bigger...as for half ones, I don't believe any were given, but if they were contact me..

As for photo doctoring....that's complete BS!!!! Mike saw the frags from which each one was cut...they look exactly like the picture...I even said the exact lighting they were under...I'm sorry if your lighting is showing a different color then what mine did...YOU did not get plain acans...all other vendors DO NOT promise corals will look the same under your lights compared to theirs, to expect that is unrealistic.

What is Really unfair is that no one contacted me with any issues or concerns...instead you just post them here...so you should expect nothing to be done because no one came to me (and I had no idea this thread existed)...if this issues were really that terrible EVERYONE knows how to get a hold of me via pm or at the very least get a hold of Mike and he could get a hold of me.

I'm sorry some people are unhappy...but I was under the impression they were for one person and did my best to make up for it with how others were cut, actually super common practice in the trade...but when you break it up some people may be let down, That I can't really help...I also told Mike when he came over some were smaller then I had anticipated and he also saw what the other ones looked like as I have others cut and There was no issue at that time and some were smaller then the ones given out...

As for melting down...they really shouldn't...I have smaller ones in my tank right now that are fat and happy...I've torn acans apart and they grew back fine...that is not a concern of mine.

Ill do my best to make everyone happy...but I also feel There is the standard complaining that goes on in the industry to get more stuff for free...

I will not talk to this anymore...in this thread...

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am glad to see the response above. and honestly, it fixes everything I was afraid of. I'm glad to see some of the back-story and it really helps things make sense. I hope that all of these cuts grow out well and everything works out, it's a bummer that the group-buy purpose wasn't made clear to the seller as it may have helped in getting more uniform pieces, but I for one am terrible at fragging, so I can't quite cry foul.

I should add that I haven't seen any of these in person and am at the mercy of pictures.

I'm still confused about the plain-red-looking one...perhaps it will color up under actinics?

Based on my conversation with mike today you already had most of the frags bagged so how could he have been able to respond to anything at the time of pickup? (scratch)

He also mentioned that you talked about adjusting the photos so however you did it they looked great in the photos. Just nowhere near worth the rediculous price you charged for them. I'm not into this much but am dissapointed in the quality of frags as well as poor representation on your behalf. I don't need to send a pm on this as it was a group buy. Just stating the facts.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay with posting mine and too bad there is all this drama with them. Mine is Fading Sunset and it's a decent size and doing well. The color is better in real life but the orange in the center is no where near the original pics. Hopefully they will color up after recovering from the trauma.

P1030039.jpg

P1030034.jpg

PS: If we all get 6-8 frags in a year, I have paid a lot more for much less!

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank MrBret for rescuing my Acans! I am having some sort of chemical warfare in my tank and within 12 hours they started to look like they were going to melt away so i was able to twist MrBret's arm to house them until i got my tank under control. Glad to say they are doing well and the Fading Sunset already has at least two healthy buds.

• 4 weeks later...

First off i would like to say I'm on no ones side or am I involved in this group buy, but i will say that when you take pictures from a side view of any coral and compare it to one taken looking down on the coral you will have two completely different results as well it will look like two different corals. Lighting has a big role as well and the depth of the coral in the tank.

All you growout participants, I have this growout frag that I inheirited when I bought the frag system. I don't want it. Neither do I want any of the other acans in the growout. So, if no one wants to buy it from me for the buy-in price, I'm going to trade it in on something at a store. Please PM me if you are interested in it.

Thank you

All you growout participants, I have this growout frag that I inheirited when I bought the frag system. I don't want it. Neither do I want any of the other acans in the growout. So, if no one wants to buy it from me for the buy-in price, I'm going to trade it in on something at a store. Please PM me if you are interested in it.

Thank you

Those are not his to sell. Just the spot is for sale. Someone will need to get those from you as this was a group growout for everyone to get a frag of each polyp

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I wasn't in the group buy so I am informing you folks of what is what. Matt torn down the system and sold it to me. If you guys want the frag' date=' then buy it out from me. That's all I ask. Not trying to cause drama.[/quote']

What i'm saying is sell the spot but the coral at this point is not yours its the groups. I'm not trying to cause issues either but i'm not paying for a coral that is supposed to be ours either way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

if you really just want out, you could just hand the frag over to one of us that are already in it, that way we still get the group buy we paid for and you get out of the drama.

I know it feels like you should get some money for it...

I think the only three options are:

1. hold/grow out the spot yourself, enjoy the 8 acans when it's done

2. sell the spot to someone outside the group so they can be one of the people.

3. just send the frag back to the group so we can still get our 8 that we are supposed to be a part of.

if someone knows of a 4th option, have at it...

Plain and simple. Dude f'ed up. Should have never sold a system with a frag from a group buy. Should have handed it off to the group. I was thinking of buying the frag. But im a week or 2 away from tearing down my frag tank and putting a bigger one on it's place. Once I get the system back up make sure everything is stable and the frag is still alive not sold. Then I will talk about getting the frag.