Parkinsons Disease

NoobtoSalt

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just updated the first thread with the things that were donated today from Beth/Kim. Thank you again so much. Wish I had a bigger tank now though...(laugh)

Here is what I have so far:

Noobtosalt:

Candy Apple Reds: $30 from Wanareef

Captain America palys

DSC_0260.jpg

Acan colony

Beth/Kim donations (clap) you've outdone yourselves once again. Thank you so much!

Emerald Mummy Eye Chalice

DSC_0362.jpg

ORA German Blue Polyp Digi

DSC_0348.jpg

Orange Plate Coral

DSC_0321.jpg

No name zoas

DSC_0325.jpg

Maxi Carpet (Purple/Green)

DSC_0339.jpg

Mary Jane Zoas (still opening up in the tank)

updated first thread with donations and pictures. Auctions will go for each item and for 5 days to get the most amount of money for the items. Remember this is for a great cause to help find a cure for Parkinson's.

Thank you again to all of you that have helped make this happen.

Alright due to the timing of all of my auctions I will be holding on to a few of the corals and auction the rest tomorrow night to go through Monday night.

Keep up that bidding. If your interested in just donating some funds please send it to my paypal account jnholeman@hotmail.com and comment that the funds are for the Parkinson's Fundraiser. My plan is to give the check to my grandma when I go up there for his memorial in May. Thank you again for all of the help and support everyone has given me and my family!

Alright due to the timing of all of my auctions I will be holding on to a few of the corals and auction the rest tomorrow night to go through Monday night.

Keep up that bidding. If your interested in just donating some funds please send it to my paypal account jnholeman@hotmail.com and comment that the funds are for the Parkinson's Fundraiser. My plan is to give the check to my grandma when I go up there for his memorial in May. Thank you again for all of the help and support everyone has given me and my family!

So far we have raised $365!!! (clap) This is looking great! needless to say over half of that is from Karen! Thank you again for bidding on the corals that I have had up for auction. I will have some additional auctions in a few days once I get in touch with some of the other people that offered up corals. If you are interested in sending a donation, feel free to send it to my paypal account as a gift @ jnholeman@hotmail.com. I will be giving this money to my grandmother to take to the foundation in my grandpa's name. His memorial happens to be on memorial weekend in May so it's quite fitting. My wife and I are also doing something on the side to add aditional money for this as well as get ourselves healthy again. We are asking people if they would like to donate $1 per pound of weightloss for my wife and I over the next month. So far I have already lost 13lbs in a week. I'm shooting for 60 lbs in 3 months. That's what happens when your fat...(laugh) Anyways thanks again for everything that you all have done for this.

Thank you to Beth and Kim as we wouldn't have raised near the amount of money as we have so far if it wasn't for your great donations!! (clap)

So far we have raised $365!!! (clap) This is looking great! needless to say over half of that is from Karen! Thank you again for bidding on the corals that I have had up for auction. I will have some additional auctions in a few days once I get in touch with some of the other people that offered up corals. If you are interested in sending a donation' date=' feel free to send it to my paypal account as a gift @ [email']jnholeman@hotmail.com[/email]. I will be giving this money to my grandmother to take to the foundation in my grandpa's name. His memorial happens to be on memorial weekend in May so it's quite fitting. My wife and I are also doing something on the side to add aditional money for this as well as get ourselves healthy again. We are asking people if they would like to donate $1 per pound of weightloss for my wife and I over the next month. So far I have already lost 13lbs in a week. I'm shooting for 60 lbs in 3 months. That's what happens when your fat...(laugh) Anyways thanks again for everything that you all have done for this.

Thank you to Beth and Kim as we wouldn't have raised near the amount of money as we have so far if it wasn't for your great donations!! (clap)

You are welcome Jesse. Good job everyone. Couldn't have done it without the generous bidding of our members. I also will be giving you half of the funds from the SPS GOC. I should be getting the shipment of frags April 18th and once I have everything squared away I will send you half.

You are welcome Jesse. Good job everyone. Couldn't have done it without the generous bidding of our members. I also will be giving you half of the funds from the SPS GOC. I should be getting the shipment of frags April 18th and once I have everything squared away I will send you half.

I can't wait to see her face when I get her this check!!! (clap)

• 2 weeks later...

With the addition from Jody's amazing donation of the SPS colony and splitting the proceeds to this as well as TFT we are now up to $595!!! (clap)

This is awesome you guys! I had spoken to a few more people that were willing to offer up potential donations for this as well for more auctions coming soon!!! (whistle)

Get your bid hands ready Karen....(laugh)

Here is the frag that Derbird has offered up. I have also fragged up a few more zoas so we can do a frag pack. Will post more pictures later of the others but here's a taste of what's to come.............. It's the frag with the orange centers and the white splashes on them. (the others in the picture are yellow jackets, maybe they will be part of the pack who knows....(whistle))

DSC_0027-3.jpg

Here is the frag that Derbird has offered up. I have also fragged up a few more zoas so we can do a frag pack. Will post more pictures later of the others but here's a taste of what's to come.............. It's the frag with the orange centers and the white splashes on them. (the others in the picture are yellow jackets, maybe they will be part of the pack who knows....(whistle))

DSC_0027-3.jpg

I'm adding in a few more frags of my own to the cause. I fragged up the PPE's last night and they look great already. I will also be adding in a 1 polyp yellow jacket, 2 polyps bleeding heart, 1 polyp strawberry garden, 2 polyps of the pink zoas, and 2 polyps armageddon zoas as well to the frag pack. I have pictures of most of them but here is a start to what will be added to the zoas Derbird offered up! Also have a nice suncoral that was donated from kknight31 to the cause. That will be part of the frogspawn pkg coming soon as well. (clap)

DSC_0063-5.jpg

DSC_0049-3.jpg

DSC_0064-5.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

Well a handful of my zoas are melting right now so I might be at a small standstill for the final auction. The ones that Derbird dropped off for me are doing great but my high end ones are melting yet again...(sad) The strawberry gardens are gone, the PPE's are down 2 polyps already, and who knows what else is going on. I just found that the Green tort I got a few weeks back has some sort of a slime coat on the bottom like it got in a coral fight but nothing is near it to cause it. Now half of it is dead too.

But have no fear, we still have 1 final zoa auction in the next few days to start up!

Well a handful of my zoas are melting right now so I might be at a small standstill for the final auction. The ones that Derbird dropped off for me are doing great but my high end ones are melting yet again...(sad) The strawberry gardens are gone, the PPE's are down 2 polyps already, and who knows what else is going on. I just found that the Green tort I got a few weeks back has some sort of a slime coat on the bottom like it got in a coral fight but nothing is near it to cause it. Now half of it is dead too.

But have no fear, we still have 1 final zoa auction in the next few days to start up!

Sorry to hear that the high end one's are not doing so good. But good to hear mine are still holding out. I love those no names.

To get an idea of what they look like with less blue in your lights here is a bad pic of the mother colony

MotherColony.jpg

Plus they grow quick, sorry buddy I may have already flooded Columbia County (nono) DOH! So people not in Columbia County get ready to spend a few buck :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on getting a pair of black and white clownfish as well. Is this something that would be of interest to anyone for an auction? I'm working out the details right now to see if I can swing it with the business but I don't even have a clue what they sell for.

I'm working on getting a pair of black and white clownfish as well. Is this something that would be of interest to anyone for an auction? I'm working out the details right now to see if I can swing it with the business but I don't even have a clue what they sell for.

Figured I would tag this one so others saw it.

We have now collectively raised $855!!! I still have a few things in the works like the fish above I'm hoping I can get worked out as well as a few others offer up more corals to auction off. Thank you again for all of the awesome support. We are so close to the $1k mark now so if you are wanting to help out but not sure what to do any additional donation is greatly appreciated. send any donations to jnholeman@hotmail.com as a gift through paypal. His memorial will be on the 27th in Spokane. When I present the money to my grandmother I will make sure we get some pictures to show how much it means to her and my family.

So I can get the black and white clown pair price covered but still pay shipping. Is it worth it to anyone if we auction the fish off and add the $30 for shipping? If not I will not bother with this auction piece at this time. Just wanted to see the $1k mark since were so close to it. Let me know if you have any thoughts on it.

Thanks!

So I can get the black and white clown pair price covered but still pay shipping. Is it worth it to anyone if we auction the fish off and add the $30 for shipping? If not I will not bother with this auction piece at this time. Just wanted to see the $1k mark since were so close to it. Let me know if you have any thoughts on it.

Thanks!

You could always just make the min bid $30 to cover sipping and what ever else is raised is just gravy :)

You could always just make the min bid $30 to cover sipping and what ever else is raised is just gravy :)

Thought about that but I don't think it's going to work out as I had planned.

We are now at $892.50 total raised! Thank you again to those that either bid or offered up corals to auction off. There is still time to send money if your interested in contributing. I would love to see $1k and were oh so close to that mark. We can either do a couple fast auctions or if your wanting to send a donation that would be great too!

jnholeman@hotmail.com

as always send as a gift please