anyone build custom arcylic tops?

MVPaquatics

I have a 300 gallon I maintain. It has 4 openings. Each are 18" x 26" or so (I need to get exact measurements). They have 4-250 watt halide and some fish that love to splash. They have broken two of the tempered protective covers from the lights. So i raised the lights 10 inches temporarily and added 1/4" glass tops....what do you know they broke these too. Even with 4 fans.

Does anyone make custom acrylic tops? I probably could but dont really have the time/supplies so i thought id ask. Needs to be braced to avoid as much bending as possible. And preferably the same top and bottom so they can be flipped when they bend.

Shoot me a pm or name your price and timeline here. Thanks

I have to go with acrylic tops. Openings are an exact 24x16" opening. With rounded corners. I am thinking the usual flat piece like 18 x 26 with square bracing (2 inch) like a picture frame around 15 x 23 ish (need to clear rounded corners) top and bottom to help warping and will allow them to be flipped when the bend a little. I am thinking 1/4 inch thick acrylic.

This large vlamingi tang has shattered two tempered glass covered and a non tempered glass top. All 1/4". I am tired of picking up glass out of their reef. The heat of the halides against the glass with fish that splash. And there is a fan for each halide.

I will call tap tomorrow but am open to offers in the meantime.

Archived