diy glass tank

jmetz32

I dont know if that was sarcasm or not :) I do have allot of experience with acrylic and growing (quickly) experience with glass' date=' and I must say that galss is atleats more forgiving, and if the seams don't come out right you are not screwed, you just cut it apart and call it a redo, if acrylic dosn't come out you make a smaller tank.[/quote']

Sorry, no sarcasm there...I meant it!

i did one of those online aquarium calulaters...

i put in dimensions for 60"x60"x24" glass cube.. it said 3/4" glass would be ok.

if i added strips of glass on the top along the edges and acrocc the middle, would this be ok?

not saying this is what i want.. just theoretical situation.would this be ok design?

i put in dimensions for 60"x60"x24" glass cube.. it said 3/4" glass would be ok.

if i added strips of glass on the top along the edges and acrocc the middle, would this be ok?

not saying this is what i want.. just theoretical situation.would this be ok design?

I don't know about the details on those dimensions, but a lot of the calculators assume a rim on the tank. That being said, 3/4 is pretty thick...

I would say that you wouldn't need the strips across the middel but I would add a 8 to 10 inch tryangle under the eurobrace in each corner. A glass tank that size would def need to be built onsite.

If memory serves, Oxx has 3/4" starfire on his new tank. His does have bracing (I think), but it's huge...maybe check what his span is (between braces). His was pro-built, and I'm betting no bow in it.

his is also 30" deep, which will force a bow way faster than your 24" deep tank

Archived