ID help, please

jadams7

Picked this up from TPA this past weekend, looking for an ID on it. I know it is some type of leather (maybe a finger/sinularia) but I have never seen one with the pink before.

I loved the color, and had to pick it up, I just want to know if anyone has seen one before.

(note: picture looks pretty close to actual color under my 14k LED lights, if anything, it is a little 'whiter' in person)

6f71f23a.jpg

Looking at the base it doesnt seem to be any bright color, I dont see any areas where the rock it is attached to was dyed, and it isnt the same insanely bright colors I have seen in any other dyed coral I have read about or seen anywhere. Seems to be opening up just fine, no dye was in the bag when I brought it home from the LFS, so I guess time will tell if it will hold up like it should.

Thanks for the link. I had found that site yesterday while I was searching, I may create an account to see if they think it has been dyed. From looking at the other corals people are posting, those ones are clearly pretty darn bright, mine is more of a white with pretty light pink. So maybe if it was dyed, it was done a while ago? Not sure, I haven't seen any pics of any yet after they had washed out or anything. Not seeing any dye in my skimmer or anything so I am certain this was not a recent dye if it was dyed at all.

Archived