Hollywood super sale

Gill

I saw the ad. I have to work unfortunately. I wonder how much is actually going to be there?

I missed the last sale, but Dr. Bennit showed me some of the stuff that had been in the sale; it was a lot of chemicals and tanks. He had a ton of freshwater stuff on sale as well. I'm most excited about the salt and frozen food. I think I'm going to have to stock up on calcium strontium and iodine too.

I just got back that was a great deal on the salt. The selection of fish and corals was a little lacking when compared to upscales or premium aquariums. But I guess we are just spoiled in that regaurd. They did have one of the biggest selections of tanks I have ever seen.

I just got back that was a great deal on the salt. The selection of fish and corals was a little lacking when compared to upscales or premium aquariums. But I guess we are just spoiled in that regaurd. They did have one of the biggest selections of tanks I have ever seen.

Good luck prying the fish and corals out of his tanks. Last time I was in there he wouldn't hardly sell anything, saying it was reserved for his cleaning and maintenance accounts. Super nice guy, just wish he would decide if he was going to be a retail store or just focus on commercial clients.

Good luck prying the fish and corals out of his tanks. Last time I was in there he wouldn't hardly sell anything' date=' saying it was reserved for his cleaning and maintenance accounts. Super nice guy, just wish he would decide if he was going to be a retail store or just focus on commercial clients.[/quote']

Ya, he is definitely geared towards maintanence. I guess he used to be big in the retail when his shop was downtown (Hollywood distinct). He actually has a really long and interesting history in the hobby; he has told me storys about breeding nurse sharks and working with sea turtles!!!

They don't have a huge selection of corals but one thing I really like is how pest free the tanks are. They don't have a lot of exotic fish, but they keep all fish for two weeks before they sell them. :) Like someone else said they are geared more towards maintance so they have only sell the hardier stuff.

Next time I'm in I will have to show him this thread and mention sponsorship to him. (whistle)

He was a sponsor in the past,but since quitting retail decided there wasn't a lot for him here. The majority of us take care of our own tanks and are not in need of maintenance.

He was a sponsor in the past' date='but since quitting retail decided there wasn't a lot for him here. The majority of us take care of our own tanks and are not in need of maintenance.[/quote']

That makes sence, they are only open 2 days a week now. I will be pretty bumbed if they close there doors to retail completely. :(

Archived