Missing fish

madmike

I was taking a look around my tank to try and find where my blue spot jawfish had moved his burrow to and spotted a fish that was unfamiliar. I looked closely and it turned out to be a geometric pygmy hawkfish I had put in the tank more than a year ago and haven't seen since! I went back to my records and sure enough, I put it in January of 2011 and didn't see once after that!

What the longest you have had a fish go missing for and show up safe and sound?

I had a pink skunk clownfish go missing for over 6 months in my nano. I found him in the overflow, but the weird thing was I had checked back there multiple times. He lived five more years after his six month vacation in the overflow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I had a mystery wrasse(no pun intended) and a possum wrasse that I added to on of my systems. Didn't see them for months, maybe 6 months and thought they had just been consumed by the system. Well they both ended up showing up one day for feeding at the same time. I added them about a week apart and didn't see either of them until that random normal old feeding session. Very strange stuff. They were in two seperate tanks and they were only about 30g tanks so not a whole lot of places to hide. Given there was a fair amount of rock and macro algae but still.

I put a relatively small Watchman Gobie, known a Gobie-Wan Kenobi, in my tank and the following morning could find him. For a month i looked for him, this was when my tank was new, so not many things to hide in other then rock and not many predators. Finally got frustrated and the 3 time i looked in my over flow, which is in the back corner of my corner tank, I found him! My tank being 30" deep, there was no way i was gonna be able to get him out with a net, so i used a rigid tubing about 1/2 diameter and used it to such his A** out and 3 years later he still has the force!

Archived