Zoa Choices

Dustin

I made the mistake of trying to narrow down which Zoas I'd like in the future, when I'm able to set up a tank. I went on coralpedia and browsed through the zoas and palys and narrowed it down to well over 100. haha. so I am curious, what are everyones favorite zoas and/or palys. If there is any advice on the best ones to start with, and any other advice please share. of course pics are encouraged.

Like you said SO many choices! :D In my opinion, often the most expensive are the most difficult to keep. Not all, of course, but to me it seems like a good rule of thumb. If you can get some from member's tanks they will be more stable than getting them from a LFS.

Some off my favorites in my tank are the nuc greens/purple deaths, candy apples, and some cheap no names. I used to have some sweet Fruit Loops, but my stupid GSP took them out.

DSC01988.jpg

DSC02011.jpg

61711037.jpg

3rd pic - on the left is eagle eyes - very common and super cheap, but I still like them. On the right is no name blue zoa w/ long yellow skirt. The skirt waves nicely in the flow.

People eaters are high on my list, I used to have quite the collection, but then gambled on a coral beauty and the PE's lost.

So many zoas so little time

There are so many it's difficult to narrow it down. Here are some of my favorites in no particular order:

Utter chaos (orange ones in the picture, they just really pop in the tank)

DSC08846ARW.jpg

I also like the spacemonsters they are the purple speckly ones in the picture and to the right of them are the nightmares (red ones)

DSC08844ARW.jpg

Jody (Totally exotic corals) has some really neat ones called KO nightmares they are the big reddish ones bottom left

DSC08839ARW.jpg

a new favorite is the Yodas and I like the Darthmauls too. Actually I like all of the ones listed below too. It's too difficult to pick a favorite!

DSC00250.jpg

LOL way to show us all up Kim. :D Yeah' date=' I'd probably add ALL of those to my favorite list![/quote']

LOL it's dangerous when you have two saltwater addicts in the home. There is nobody to say "No you don't need that!". I agree the fruit loops are very nice. They were one I did not have until I just got some from Roy!

most of those are on my list haha all of the tyree's scare me as far as price so im probably gonna start with some more common ones until im confident in my ability to keep them alive those im extremely envious of your selection though(drooler)

most of those are on my list haha all of the tyree's scare me as far as price so im probably gonna start with some more common ones until im confident in my ability to keep them alive those im extremely envious of your selection though(drooler)

Many of these I bought in group buys with other reefers. It helps to cut down on the risk and cut down on the cost!

Agreed, unless i get in on a group buy of some kind so they will be growing locally then fragged for me, I ALWAYS wait. Give them 6-12m and the price usually comes down by half or more.

Agreed, unless i get in on a group buy of some kind so they will be growing locally then fragged for me, I ALWAYS wait. Give them 6-12m and the price usually comes down by half or more.

ya im thinking if i decide to get any really nice ones that would be the route i take for sure I have thinking how great that 33L i got is gonna look with a bunch of zoas i hope to be able to set it up in the next year or so its so hard not to haha

Archived